- Authors of Displayr documents are required to have a unique user name and password that must be entered when a user first logs on.
- Passwords are stored using one-way encryption.
- "Cookies" are used to store information about users inside each user's web browser. The cookies do not include either the username or password of the user.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology protects user information and uploaded data. This uses both server authentication and data encryption, ensuring that user data is safe, secure, and available only to authorized persons.
- Passwords and credit card information are always sent over secure 128-bit encrypted SSL connections.
- Our procedures for managing payments and account information are PCI-DSS compliant.
- Credit card information is not processed, stored or transmitted on our servers. It is handled directly by third-party payment processors who are PCI-DSS compliant.
- Displayr runs in data centers managed and operated by Microsoft Global Foundation Services (GFS). These geographically dispersed data centers comply with key industry standards, such as ISO/IEC 27001:2005, for security and reliability. More information is available from Microsoft.
- Code is written in C#, running on Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Azure.
- The latest patches are automatically applied to all our operating system and application files.
What we do if there is a security breach
- Attempt to notify users electronically.
- Review our policies and procedures.
To the best of our knowledge we have never experienced a breach in our security.
Security and R contains information about the security of R calculations.
Last Modified: 13 April 2017