Single Sign On
Displayr supports Single Sign On to allow users to log in without needing another password. When Single Sign On is enabled then your company's password system decides who can use Displayr, and which dashboards they can see. Please note this feature is only available Displayr Enterprise customers. Please contact us at email@example.com for enquiries.
- You are a Displayr administrator. (You are in the Administrators group in Displayr.)
- Your company's password system ("Identity Provider") supports SAML2.0 SP initiated Web Browser Single Sign-On (also known as the "SP Redirect Request; IdP POST Response" profile). E.g Microsoft Azure Active Directory. You will need help from an administrator of that system.
- Your company has a subdomain. e.g. mycompany.displayr.com. If you don't have one, please contact Displayr support. Once SSO is enabled, non-SSO logins must use app.displayr.com
Steps to enable
- Do you have a subdomain set up for you, e.g. mycompany.displayr.com? If not please contact Displayr support to have this set up for you before you continue these steps.
- Click on the profile icon at the top right and then select Account settings from the dropdown.
- On the Account Settings page select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click on Configure Single Sign On (SAML).
- Have your password system's administrator:
- fill in the other fields under the Single Sign On (SAML) and Group Mappings headings. Hover over the ?'s to get more information. If you are using Microsoft Azure Active Directory, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/displayr-tutorial for detailed instructions.
- Configure your password system (Identity Provider) using the information provided under the Service Provider Information heading. On this page we have provided a link to download the SP metadata XML file configured for your company in case your password system prefers importing these.
- After all configuration has been done Tick Enable Single Sign On (SAML) and click Save.
Here is an example of what the settings might look like once completed:
Known Supported Password Systems
Displayr should work with any complete implementation of SAML 2.0. The systems below have been found to work:
Microsoft Azure Active Directory
We have streamlined support for Azure Active Directory, so that you can quickly configure your Active Directory to work with Displayr SSO. The setup steps can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/displayr-tutorial
Other Identity Providers
See Single Sign On - Other Identity Providers for information about integrating other SAML2.0 compliant identity providers with Displayr.
Users will be assigned to groups in Displayr based on the groups that they were given on your company's password system. Displayr groups control which dashboards each user can see. Your company's password system administrator must supply the codes for each security group that should be matched to Displayr. Any groups that are left blank here will be ignored by Single Sign On, and must be managed manually in Displayr.
Different Types of Users
Displayr allows a mixture of manually-configured users (identified with e-mail addresses and passwords, as normal), and users who come in via Single Sign On. Single Sign On users will only appear in the Displayr Users list after successfully logging in. Either type of user can be manually put in any Displayr group. Further, Single Sign On users will be automatically added to or removed from groups each time they log in, according to your company's password system.
Login via standard (non Single Sign On) login
If you need to login via a standard login, you can visit: