A Data Set in Displayr is a representation of a Flat Data File. It has the following properties:
- It is associated with one data source, which will either be:
- A data file.
- A table generated by an SQL query.
- A table created by R code.
- The data source has a Flat Data File structure, where rows represent observation (i.e., cases, observations), and columns represent variables.
- Variables are mutually, exclusively, and exhaustively grouped into Variable Sets.
- Tables are constructed by specifying their input Variable Sets.
- A Data Set appears as a folder in the Data Tree.
- Although a Data Set can be analyzed using R, it is not in any way created or modified via R.
- Under the 'hood' of Displayr is a dependency graph, that maps the relationships between all of the variables and the raw data file.
- The data source associated with a Data Set may be changed, by clicking on the Data Set in the Data Tree, and updating from within the Object Inspector. If the original data file is changed, or any property of one the variables is changed, everything in the data set will automatically update to reflect the change.
Importing or creating a Data Set
Insert > Data Set.