The Qualtrics data set import option allows users who have a Qualtrics account with API Access to import Qualtrics data directly. To check whether a Qualtrics account has API access, contact the Qualtrics Administrator at your organisation. A Qualtrics Administrators may contact a sales representative at Qualtrics to discuss licensing for API access. When a Qualtrics account has API access, data may be imported by clicking Home > Data > Data Set and then selecting Qualtrics. You will be prompted to enter your Qualtrics Base URL, and Qualtrics API Token. Details on these are described below.
Qualtrics Base URL
Your Base URL consists of the Qualtrics hostname for your organization followed by "/API". You can find your Qualtrics hostname by logging into you Qualtrics Account, and looking for the part of the URL that ends with ".com". Together, your Qualtrics Base URL should look something like https://yourorganizationid.yourdatacenterid.qualtrics.com/API or https://yourdatacenterid.qualtrics.com/API. For security, the Base URL must start with "https://". More information on your Base URL can be found at Qualtrics API Documentation - Base URL and Datacenter IDs.
Qualtrics API Token
To find your Qualtrics API Token:
- Log in to Qualtrics
- Click on the User icon and go to Account Settings...
- Click on the Qualtrics Ids tab
- Look at the Token entry in the box labelled User. This is your Qualtrics API Token. If this is empty, you'll need to generate an API token by clicking Generate Token.
For more information on Qualtrics API Tokens, look at Qualtrics API Documentation - Authentication.
Selecting a Survey
Once you've entered your Base URL and API Token, you'll be asked to choose which survey to import.
Notes for Importing from the Qualtrics API
- We do not currently support importing surveys with more than 1 million responses.
- Qualtrics Side-by-Side questions may have missing data for some multiple-response questions within them. Qualtrics is aware of this issue and intends to fix it in future.
- When importing Qualtrics "Matrix - Profile" questions, value labels may not be imported correctly if the columns of the matrix are labelled differently between different rows.
- For Single Answer or Matrix - Single Answer questions, a new value may be added called "Not Answered" to represent cases where a respondent has been shown a particular option but decided not to choose any value for it. Cases where a respondent was not shown the option (e.g. due to randomization) are represented with Missing Values.