An R Output is an R object. Typically, it consists of data, the result of a calculation of some kind (e.g., the fitting of a statistical model), or an image. It can be more than one of these at the same time.
The roles of R Outputs in Displayr
An R Output performs two related roles within Displayr:
- They are, as the name suggests, outputs that appear on a Page in Displayr.
- They are data or results that can be referred to by other R Outputs and R Variables.
Creating an R Output
R Outputs are created by:
- Selecting Insert > Analysis > R Output and entering code in the R CODE box in the Object Inspector and pressing Calculate.
- Choosing options from the Ribbon, many of which are R Outputs.
Appearance of an R Output
An R Output can appear as a:
- Table. While this looks like a Table, it is both created in a different way to a table, and has different functionality when the user interacts with it. See Tables.
- Plot. That is, a chart.
- Text. This will look like a Textbox, but is modified via R Code.