Security and R
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Calculations performed using R are computed as follows:
- The R Code is parsed and any data in that code is identified, where "data" refers to tables, variables, and any outputs from other R analyses.
- The data and the code are sent to an R Server via HTTPS. HTTPS is a protocol for security over networks (e.g., it encrypts the communication).
- The calculation is performed in R, running on a Linux server. The server is hosted on Microsoft Azure.
- Any R code is run in its own sandboxed process.
- The results are sent encrypted back to Displayr via HTTPS.
- Once the calculation has been performed the data is deleted on the R Server. It is not backed up.