Importing data from Google Forms
Yes - you can import data from Google Forms. However, the data from Google Forms is not an ideal good format for use in Displayr.
See https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2917686 and
- Are you storing responses in a spreadsheet (default option)? If so - go to the spreadsheet on your Google Drive, then select File > Download as > Comma Separated Values (.csv,current sheet)
- Or, have you chosen to "Keep responses only in Forms" (this is not Google's default)? If so - in Google Forms, select File > Download as> Comma Separated Values.
Once you have the .csv file on your local drive, you can then upload it into Displayr.
Multiple response questions
Google Forms data stores multiple response questions in an unusual format. Displayr doesn’t support the format that Google Forms uses to store multiple response data. Two methods for getting around this are:
- Sending our support team a data file and getting more detailed instructions from them.
- Open the data file in Excel and Use the Text To Columns feature to split up any multiple-response data and to get the data looking more like the format described in the Text Files section at: http://mktresearch.org/wiki/Getting_a_Data_File#Text_files
3. Upload the data to Displayr.
Mixed open-ended and quantitative variables
If the survey has open-ended responses, Google Forms exports can mix the open-ended responses with the main responses from the question. Please contact the support team if you need help with resolving this.